- Show respect for teammates, coach, opponents and officials.
- Use no foul language, trash talk, negative gestures or actions to provoke a negative response or fighting.
- Be in attendance at school a minimum of four (4) periods before being allowed to practice or play on a given day.
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA and passing 5 classes in according to school and IHSAA policy.
- Sign a contract agreeing to the above expectations.
- Be consistent, attempt to instruct in a positive manner and use appropriate language at all times.
- Not tolerate unsportsmanlike behavior or actions by players, assistants, or volunteer coaches.
- Place the safety and welfare of players as their highest priority.
- Allow no student to practice or play in competition without completed eligibility and permission forms.
- Not blame the loss on an official, coach or participant.
- Not use profanity or derogatory language.
- Show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- Emphasize the proper ideas of sportsmanship and conduct.
- Not be disrespectful or yell derogatory, chants, songs or gestures.
- Not antagonize opponents (e.g. “Go start the bus”, or “Just like football, it’s all over”).
- Refrain from booing or heckling an official’s decision.
Unsportsmanlike conduct will be dealt with by reprimand and counseling by the coach or appropriate other school officials. Actions of this nature may lead to benching or suspension or withdrawal of athletic privileges and school disciplinary intervention if the rules/policies are violated.
Ejection Policy for players and coaches:
At the time of the ejection, the coach must leave the field of play and assume a position that will not enable him or her to see the game or be seen.
During the suspension of the next regular scheduled contest, the coach is permitted to watch the contest but may not have any contact with the players or coaches three (3) hours preceding the contest, at half time and through the conclusion of the contest.
Certain behaviors are considered inappropriate and unacceptable. The school and athletic department reserve the right to refuse admission or remove persons, including adults, who exhibit such behaviors including, but not limited to:
- Repeated berating, humiliating or taunting of our coaches, players or spectators.
- Repeated berating, humiliating or taunting of our opponents coaches, players or spectators.
- Repeated berating or harassment of game officials.
- Racist, sexist or profane remarks directed at any team, coach, player, official or spectator.
Officials should be treated with respect during and after contests, even if there is disagreement with their calls. Any physical confrontation of an official by an athlete maybe considered an assault. The athlete may lose athletic eligibility for their entire high school career.